Saturday, June 23, 2012 – 10 am to 5 pm*
Heritage Community Association (100-1654 11th Ave, Regina)
$100 (includes the food that you preserve: fermented sauerkraut, canned tomatoes and dried fruit)
Get ready to make the most of this summer’s harvest! This full-day, hands-on workshop is geared towards people who want to increase their food sustainability year round by preserving more of their own locally grown, seasonal food.
Learn everything you need to know to start canning, freezing, fermenting, drying and using cold storage to preserve your food!
We will cover:
– Freezing fresh food for maximum taste and freshness
– The basics of food fermentation, from vegetables to dairy
– Canning techniques and safety for fruits, vegetables and even animal products
– How to keep food fresh for months in cold storage
– Drying foods for long term use
Space in this workshop is limited, so please contact Nikko Snyder to register and arrange prepayment: phone (306) 209-8552 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Lunch break 1-2 pm (lunch not included). Can’t make the date? Contact us to arrange a home workshop, Splurge Party or Lunch and Learn.